We eat tomatoes raw, stewed, baked and even… dried. Today we offer two delicious tomatoes recipes, which can be prepared by any housewife.
This is a delicious Italian snack, as well as the easiest way to feel a little full, but without overeating. Also, bruschettas always look very elegant. And cooking takes a minimum of time. The most popular combinations are toasted bread, tomatoes, garlic and basil. If you do not have time to blanch the tomatoes in a pan, you can replace them with sun-dried tomatoes. To make Italian bruschetta, it is better to take ciabatta – its slices will absorb olive oil well after frying.
- White bread – 4 pieces;
- Tomatoes – 3 pieces;
- Olive oil – 30 ml;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Balsamic cream – 10 g;
- Salt and pepper – to taste;
- Fry the bread in a dry pan or oven until golden brown. In the oven, it will take three to five minutes (depending on the size of the slice of bread) at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Tomatoes cut into cubes with an edge of about half a centimetre. Finely chop three cloves of garlic.
- Heat a frying pan, pour a little olive oil into it and add tomatoes and garlic. Cook them for one or two minutes, just to warm up without losing the taste of fresh tomatoes. Then drip the balsamic cream into the pan, stir and remove from the heat.
- Soak the toasted bread with the remnants of olive oil, pouring a little on each piece. Top with warm tomatoes, salt to taste, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and finely chopped greens. And serve as a snack, for example, with wine.
- Vegetable oil;
- A few needles of rosemary;
- A few pieces of garlic.
- The choice of spices depends on your desires.
- Tomatoes cut in half, remove the stalks, remove with a spoon the core with the seeds. If the tomatoes are not very juicy, the middle can be left by making an incision in them and slightly placing the flesh to the sides. If you are cooking sun-dried tomatoes for the first time, we recommend doing with the pulp and without, to understand which option you prefer.
- Place the tomato halves on the dryer trays with the slices facing up.
- Peel a garlic, grate it and squeeze the juice. Mix with rosemary and olive oil. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to the tomatoes, grease half of the tomatoes with a brush. Sprinkle with rosemary on top.
- Cook tomatoes at 55 degrees. If you do not have an electric dryer, you can cook tomatoes in the oven at 100 degrees and with the door open. The process will take about 4-5 hours. The finished sun-dried tomatoes will be quite dry, but will still bend.
You can use two options for storing tomatoes:
- Pour the remaining oil into sterilized jars, put the first layer of tomatoes, then sliced garlic, tomatoes again, sprinkle with rosemary. Continue the process until the jar is tight enough. Fill everything with olive oil and close tightly with a lid. Store in a cool place for no more than 3 months.
- Put the tomatoes in a bag and put in the freezer.
You can make delicious salads, adding red onions, canned corn, mozzarella, lettuce, seasoning with olive oil, salt and pepper with such tomatoes.