Every woman dreams about beautiful lips that men would stare at. For this dream to become a reality, you need to take care of your lips. Especially if you are fond of matte lipsticks known for their ability to dry the skin. What are the pros and cons of lip scrubs and is it really worth having them in your beauty kit? Read about it in our new article.
The benefit of lip peeling
There is no area on the face with more sensitive skin than the lips. It is susceptible to all external factors, and the result is dryness, cracking, swelling, and bruising. Because of this, the lips lose their attractiveness and become the gateway to infection. Therefore, cosmetologists are advised to periodically scrub lips in addition to moisturizing and nourishing.
Benefits of lip peeling:
- deprivation of keratinized cells;
- prevention of the formation of wrinkles;
- visual correction (scrubbing makes lips plumper).
How to make a lip scrub at home
It’s easy to make this cosmetic product by yourself! It will take you a couple of minutes of free time. To do this you will need
- 1 tbsp of sugar (white/brown);
- 1 tbsp of honey;
- 1 tsp of olive or coconut oil;
- food colouring (optional);
- food flavouring;
- a small jar.
- Mix sugar and honey in a small bowl.
- Add olive (coconut) oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring and mix again.
- Add some food flavour. We recommend you to take your favourite scents, such as cinnamon or chewing gum.
- With a clean spoon, transfer the mixture to a pre-prepared jar.
How to use lip scrub properly
In addition to the correct preparation, it is important to follow the rules of the product usage. This is extremely important because a miraculous remedy can be harmful.
- The scrub can only be applied to dry skin in order not to injure the lips.
- Only natural ingredients should be used for the preparation of the product, and when purchasing scrubs it is necessary to read the composition carefully.
- It is best to make the product one time. Store it in the refrigerator in a closed container if it remains.
- Apply scrub carefully so as not to injure the delicate skin of the lips.
- After peeling, it is better to additionally apply moisturizing balm to the lips.
- The procedure should not be performed more than twice a week, otherwise, there is a risk of skin damage.
Contraindications for a lip peeling
Lip scrubbing should not be done for some diseases and pathological conditions.
- Herpes in the active phase. This disease is accompanied by the formation of infiltrating bubbles. Abrasive scrub particles are able to break these formations, leading to the spread of the infection.
- Allergy to scrub ingredients. Most recipes contain honey and essential oils, which are strong allergens. So, if you are allergic to them, replace them with other ingredients.
- Damaged skin. If there are wounds or cracks in your lips, give up peeling. At this time, it is better to use moisturizers and nutrients.
- Post-plastic rehabilitation. After surgery and even injections, you should temporarily give up peeling. It can cause infection appearance.