Phototherapy is an effective method of skin rejuvenation without seasonal restrictions and a rehabilitation period. It is suitable for both women and men, regardless of age and skin type. What skin problems can be solved with photodynamic therapy? GoBeauty Blog will tell you about it today.
What it is
Phototherapy is a skin procedure that uses not only ultraviolet but also infrared rays of the regulatory type. In other words, it is a light treatment. It is actively used in cosmetology clinics. The rays enter the cells of the upper skin layer without any obstacles, heat it and change the metabolic processes in the epidermis.
The procedure is perfect for those who are fighting with pigment spots.
Indications for photodynamic therapy:
- lightening of pigmentation;
- acne and post-acne treatment;
- reduction of skin oiliness;
- face colour alignment.
In addition, light treatment is indicated for more serious skin problems: psoriasis, keratosis and scars.
Advantages of photodynamic facial therapy:
- the procedure stimulates healthy regeneration;
- heals, rejuvenates, tightens the skin, has an antibacterial effect;
- reduces the negative impact of oxidative processes on the skin;
- prolongs the action of hardware procedures;
- enhances the effectiveness of photo and laser procedures two times.
Features of the procedure
How are photodynamic therapy sessions performed?
A gel photosensitizer is applied to the problem areas of the skin, which penetrates the deep layers of the skin in a short time. The remedy begins to act with further exposure to the skin with light rays using an LED device. A soothing cream is applied to the skin after the procedure.
How does the client feel?
The procedure is safe and painless. The client feels only warmth and a slight tingling.