Rainbow diet is an effective way not only to lose a lot of weight in seven days but also to enrich the body with all the necessary vitamins and trace elements. Want to feel the colours inside? Then we get to a seven-day rainbow diet!
10 main recommendations
- The main nutrients should provide the following amount of energy (kcal or kJ): proteins – 20% (4 kcal / g), carbohydrates – 30%, (4 kcal / g), fats – 50% (9 kcal / g).
- Reduce the amount of highly processed foods in your menu.
- Eat lots of fresh, uncooked foods.
- Avoid cooking at high temperatures, unless quickly and rarely.
- Use useful fats for frying: first-squeezed coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and butter.
- Include in the diet a lot of fresh greens and, preferably, organic spices (without monosodium glutamate).
- Try to stand between meals for five hours or more.
- Drink 1.5 litres of filtered water daily between meals.
- Avoid any foods that cause allergies.
How to make a rainbow menu
Monday (white day)
Boiled potatoes, rice, pasta, white meat or fish, cauliflower, dairy products, bananas are allowed. White foods are a valuable source of B vitamins. White meat is the best source of protein.
Tuesday (red day)
Tomatoes, beets, red bell peppers, cranberries, cherries and other vegetables and fruits, redfish and beans. Red fruits and vegetables contain anthocyanins and lycopene, which removes “bad” cholesterol from the body.
Wednesday (green day)
Cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, sorrel, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kiwi and other green vegetables and fruits. In terms of detox and weight loss, green vegetables are the most useful. They contain fibre and chlorophyll, which saturates us with oxygen.
Thursday (orange day)
Carrots, pumpkin, orange bell peppers, persimmons, sea buckthorn, apricots, peaches, redfish, dried apricots, oranges. Orange fruits and vegetables are rich in beta-carotene.
Friday (purple day)
Eggplant, blueberries, blackberries, black currants, grapes, prunes, plums, red cabbage, basil. Products of this colour promote the production of glutamine. It is an amino acid that is considered the best fighter against toxins and bacteria.
Saturday (yellow day)
Egg yolk (not more than 3 pcs.), low-fat cheese, zucchini, corn, sweet peppers and yellow apples. Yellow vegetables and fruits are rich in flavonoids. These substances improve digestion and stimulate fat burning.
Sunday (transparent day)
Day of rest. It is not recommended to eat anything. You can drink only water (at least 2 litres). Fasting for 12-24 hours (no more!) helps to remove most of the accumulated “biological waste” from the cells.
Most nutritionists respond positively to the rainbow diet because it is quite diverse, including foods containing various vitamins.