In addition to the usual shampoo in liquid form, just a few years ago dry shampoo saved our lives and freshness of hair. But now they have a more environmentally friendly competitor – a shampoo bar. What is this product and how to use it? Read about it in the new GoBeauty article.
What is a shampoo bar?
The shampoo bar is a concentrated bar product that looks like soap, which consists of foaming substances (surfactants) and caring components: plant extracts, essential oils, hydrolats.
For comparison, the usual liquid shampoo consists of the same components as the bar, 15-20% – the rest is the water. Shampoo bar does not contain water and does not require plastic packaging. It can be placed in a reusable can or regular soap dish, and the manufacturer can pack it in kraft cardboard.
Indeed, the first ranks of fans of shampoo bar are eco-activists and organic cosmetics fans. But even if you are not radical in your views, here are some of the undeniable benefits of such a shampoo:
- Reduction of water consumption. The average shower with a head wash requires 25 to 60 litres of running water. And this is not taking into account the water resources that were used in the manufacture of your favourite products: shampoo, mask, conditioner.
- Economy. The use of a shampoo bar weighing 50 grams is equal to the usual in the amount of 300 millilitres. It takes up less space in your bathroom and, more importantly, in your luggage.
- No preservatives. A significant advantage of bar shampoos is that they do not require preservatives. Each product that contains water spoils quickly enough, so it can not be made without chemicals.
- Comfortable travel. This is the main advantage of dry shampoo. Carelessly thrown on the bottom of the bag, it will not spill and will not contaminate anything. Besides, it does not need to be poured into a container, and it easily foams with any water. It is especially true when travelling because you never know what will be the water quality in the hotel.
- Soft PAVs. To ensure that the shampoo is not too aggressive for the locks, the manufacturers use very soft PAVs to make it.
How to use it
The algorithm is very simple:
- Wet your hair well.
- Rinse the shampoo bar under running water.
- Gently, with massaging movements, shampoo hair from roots to tips. Use your comb to distribute the hair well.
- Then, massage the scalp a little.
- Do not hold on to hair. Rinse with plenty of water.
- If necessary or if you are using a shampoo bar for the first time, repeat parts 3-5.
- Use a hair balm. It adapts the condition of your hair to the quality of the water as well as the shampoo you used.